In Woodrow's woods of quote plants

I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow.

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

One cool judgment is worth a thousand hasty counsels.
The thing to do is to supply light and not heat.


Absolute identity with one's cause is the first and great condition of successful leadership.

He is not a true man of the world who knows only the present fashions of it.

Democracy is not so much a form of government as a set of principles.

That a peasant may become king does not render the kingdom democratic.

Every man who takes office in Washington either grows or swells, and
when I give a man an office, I watch him carefully to see whether he is growing or swelling.

I am not sure that it is of the first importance that you should be happy.
Many an unhappy man has been of deep service to himself and to the world.

You cannot, in human experience, rush into the light.
You have to go through the twilight into the broadening day
before the noon comes and the full sun is upon the landscape.

0 comments: